For my BIG 35th birthday - I decided that I wanted to do something new. I know it sounds silly but picking peaches was the event of the evening. We have a dear friend, Klair, who has a friend that owns a peach orchard - so we where set.
I didn't realize how fuzzy you could get reaching up into a tree of peaches but I have found out. We filled the trunk with as many peaches that would fit and then we filled the seat in the back next to Rachel. ( I have to say I don't remember Gus's car smelling so good) All you wanted to do was to lean over and keep eating them.
For dinner, Gus took me to Cracker Barrel and we had a great time. I wanted to go there because Gus's Grandfather just passed away and it was a place that we both loved going to.
When we dropped our friend off, he said have fun putting all those peaches up! I didn't know what he was talking about until I started!!!
Where is Uncle Brad when you need him. I don't know anyone that loves peaches more than Uncle Brad. I have been doing peaches ever since. I am now down to about 3 - 5 gallon buckets and my birthday was a week ago. Let me tell you - I am almost peached out. I have given so many away and have done 21 jars, 5 - 1 gallon plastic bags of dried peaches (this is about 10 drier loads - which is a lot and then some) and made two peach pies. I will keep working on them until they are all done and then smile because I can do something different!!!
Millions of peaches!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment